
We weren't so lucky 2 get any NDP tickets diz year. If 1 million Singaporeans have participated in the tickets balloting, hence 1 million have fought 4 the limited 27,000 seats. Only 27% of em would get the tickets...and chances of me falling into that 27%, is very low. Nonetheless, we went 4
free seating at the Padang.
(Sepet in love)


Our initial plan was 2 meet my guy frenz early, and we will go bowling b4 catchin the NDP. In the end..they didn't turn up. So left me and gurlfren 2 storm the
crowd of the year!Roughly about 10,000 people at Esplanade, another 10,000 at Merlion Park, and approximately 100,000 pedestrians congesting the traffic.
May day! May day! We need a space 2 breathe! Now everywhere is
full house. Imagine if the entire Singapore's population gather at City Hall..my oh my...City Hall will sink!

Later, Kikie's sis and bro-in-law joined us. They added some sparks 2 our
cheerful evening. For the first time ever, we sat in the middle of the very spacious padang...watchin NDP live on the
'BIG' screen together with thousands others. The screen wasn't so big anyway...I had wish 4 the screen 2 move slightly upwards, cuz when the people upfront stand, their
BIG heads would block the screen. We guys at the back cooperated with our multiracial neighbours..and
shouted at those in front 2
SIT!! It wasn't so bad after dat...we applauded when they listen.
(Hence riot won't start)As usual, NDP would always end with fireworks. For a moment, I was touched by the
spirit of Singaporeans standing and singing the National Anthem. Together with the
blast of fireworks, many would have cried if they had been showing pride in Singapore. I wish 4 the day...Indians, Chinese, Eurasians, and my Malays will place arms around the back, and sing together. I also wish 4 the day...I get
FREE Mcdonalds meal on every 9th Aug. Waha! Irrelevant!

The picture above was only successful after several takes. Gettin the fireworks 2 develop into a full bloom was
tedious! It could be done a lot easier if I had a camera which have a 'extended exposure' feature. Abg Jo took our picture 2 near perfection...except for de yellow n blue fireworks, I digitally added em.
Hehe!
So much of our 15 minutes worth of enjoyment watchin the final grand fireworks.
PSI now reads: 150. The air is hazardous! Letz get outta 'ere.